Nominations for the Esso™ & Mobil™ Health Care Hero program is now closed.
The team at Imperial would like to extend our most sincere gratitude to all of Canada’s health care heroes.
The response to our program has been overwhelming and all 100,000 $25 Esso™ & Mobil™ e-Gift Cards, equivalent to $2.5 million, have been claimed and distributed to frontline health care workers across Canada.
We appreciate your efforts during this time and thank you for all you continue to do.
For questions or comments regarding the validation process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Imperial Oil Hero Campaign -- Frontline Healthcare Worker
Key Dates: The Imperial Oil Hero -- Front Line Health Care Worker Campaign (the “Campaign”) starts on March 16, 2021 at 9:00 am EST and ends on April 1, 2021 at 3:00 am EST – or whenever all Promotional Gift Cards and Price Privileges™ Cards (as defined herein) have been distributed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms & Conditions”), whichever occurs first (collectively, the “Campaign Period”). All Promotional Gift Cards issued as part of this Campaign expire on September 30, 2021. All Price Privileges™ Cards issued as part of this Campaign must be redeemed and loaded into the Speedpass+ App by April 11, 2021 and expire on September 30, 2021.
- Eligibility to Participate: The Campaign is open only to residents of Canada who meet the following criteria (“Eligible Participants”):
- For individuals who are nominating an individual to be recognized in the Campaign (“Nominator”):
- have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of application.
- For individuals who are receiving a nomination to be recognized in the Campaign (“Nominees”):
- must be a nurse, doctor, paramedic, hospital staff (including cleaning staff), or other front-line health care workers (“Front-line Health Care Worker”); and
- have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of application.
- Agreement to be Bound: By participating in this Campaign, you are signifying your agreement that you have read, understood and agree to be legally bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- How to Participate: Eligible Participants can participate in the Campaign during the Campaign Period. Nominators will be eligible to receive one (1) Price Privileges™ Card by completing a nomination form at healthcarehero.ca. Nominator is to provide nominator’s full name, email address and the Nominee’s full name, email address and occupation. Nominators can submit up to three (3) nomination forms but will only be eligible to receive one (1) Price Privileges™ Card. Upon submission of nomination form, Nominator will be notified by email at the email address provided to receive a Price Privileges™ Card, redeemable through the Speedpass+ app. Nominees will be eligible to receive one (1) $25 Esso™ / Mobil™ Promotional Gift Card by completing an application form after being nominated at www.healthcarehero.ca. Nominee will provide their full name, email address, workplace name and occupation. Nominee will have the option to indicate their province and city of residence, submit a photo of themselves in uniform and/or share a personal story of their experience as a Frontline Health Care Worker. Nominees are only eligible to participate in the Campaign one (1) time and are only eligible to apply for and, subject to availability of Promotional Gift Cards, receive, one (1) Promotional Gift Card. Subject to the continued availability of Price Privileges™ Card and Promotional Gift Cards (see Section 9 below), Eligible Participants who meet the eligibility criteria, and otherwise satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions (“Successful Applicant”), will be notified by email at the email address provided that they will receive an Price Privileges™ Card (Nominator) or a Promotional Gift Card (Nominee). Imperial Oil or its designated representative (collectively, “Sponsor”) shall, in its sole and absolute discretion, determine whether a person is considered a Successful Applicant, and is eligible to receive a Promotional Gift Card or Price Privileges™ Card. Please allow up to 15 days for us to process your application.
- Additional Participation Conditions: If the Sponsor deems you to be participating in the Campaign in a manner that is not consistent with the Sponsor’s interpretation of these Terms & Conditions, then you may be disqualified. Without limiting the foregoing, if the Sponsor discovers that any person has attempted to use multiple names, multiple identities and/or any other means not in keeping with these Terms & Conditions to participate in or to disrupt this Campaign, including without limitation attempting to participate in the Campaign without meeting the eligibility criteria; then he/she may be disqualified from the Campaign in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
- Verification: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (including, without limitation, government issued photo identification and proof of status as a Front-line Health Care Worker) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Campaign and/or for the purposes of administering this Campaign. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
- Optional Photograph & Story Submission Requirements / Use of Image & Story: By choosing to submit a photo and/or personal story, each Nominee grants to the Sponsor a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her photograph and story submission (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for use in an on-line gallery or collage for the purposes of the Campaign, or for any other advertising or promotion purposes related to the Campaign, whether during or after the Campaign Period; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her photograph and story submission(and each component thereof) in favour of the Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use the photograph and story submission(or any component thereof); and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her photograph and story submission (or any component thereof) including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever.
Promotional Gift Cards and Price Privileges™ Cards: At the start of the Campaign Period, there are a total of one hundred thousand (100,000) Price Privilege™ Cards and a total of one hundred thousand (100,000) $25 Esso™/ Mobil™ e-Gift Cards (“Promotional Gift Card”) available as part of this Campaign. The number of available Price Privilege™ Cards and Promotional Gift Cards will decline throughout the Campaign Period as Price Privilege™ Cards and Promotional Gift Cards are claimed by Eligible Participants. Each Promotional Gift Card is issued by Imperial Oil and is subject to the terms and conditions found online at https://giftcards.esso.ca/terms.
The Price Privilege™ Card is valid for savings of 5 cents (5¢) a litre, to a maximum of 100 litres of fuel. To claim your Price Privileges™ Card, you will need to download the Speedpass+™ app and enter your unique promo code. The Price Privileges™ Card is redeemable at participating retail Esso™ and Mobil™ stations The Price Privilege™ Card must be claimed within the Speedpass+ App before April 11, 2021 and will expire on September 30, 2021.
The $25 Esso™ / Mobil™ e-Gift Card is redeemable for fuel in-store or at the pump at participating retail Esso™ and Mobil™ stations in Canada, and for other eligible purchases, and cannot be redeemed for cash except if required by law. The Promotional Gift Cards expire on December 31, 2021.
- Right to Cancel, Suspend, Modify Campaign: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to: (i) cancel, amend or suspend this Campaign, or to amend these Terms & Conditions, in any way, immediately and without prior notice or obligation; and (ii) adjust the Campaign Period, or any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Campaign mechanics stipulated in these Terms & Conditions. If due to printing, production, computer, technical or other error of any kind whatsoever, including Sponsor error, more Promotional Gift Cards are claimed than intended to be distributed according to these Terms & Conditions, then the Sponsor reserves the right to rescind claims and/or award Promotional Gift Cards and Price Privilege™ Cards to Successful Applicants based on their time of participation up to the maximum allotted number (100,000) Price Privilege™ Cards and (100,000) of Promotional Gift Cards.
- Limitation of Liability: The Sponsor and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to: (i) any late, lost, misdirected, or delayed Promotional Gift Cards or Price Privilege™ Cards; (ii) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Campaign; or (iii) this Campaign. In no event whatsoever will the Sponsor nor any of the Released Parties be liable for more than the number of Promotional Gift Cards and Price Privilege™ Cards as stated in these Terms & Conditions. By participating in the Campaign, you release the Released Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with the Campaign, your participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Promotional Gift Cards and Price Privilege™ Cards.
- General Conditions:
- This Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/territorial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all participants without right of appeal.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Terms & Conditions and any other disclosures or other statements contained in any Campaign-related materials, these Terms & Conditions shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- For participants who are not resident in the province of Quebec, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor or any of the other the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Alberta in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.
Esso is a trademark of Imperial Oil Limited. Imperial Oil, licensee. Mobil is a trademark of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries. Imperial Oil, licensee.